Discovering mold in your home can be an alarming experience, as it’s not only unhygienic and detrimental to the health of you and your family, but it can also cause significant damage to your property if left untreated. That’s why it’s important to understand why mold is a problem and what steps need to be taken in order to remove it from your home.
Richmond, Indiana Mold Remediation
We proudly help the Richmond, Indiana area, and surrounding locations with Mold Remediation. Mold spores are microscopic fungi particles that exist almost everywhere, both indoors and outdoors. When these spores come into contact with moisture (due to humidity or flooding), they start multiplying rapidly. This rapid growth leads to a large increase in the size of the mold colonies, which can easily spread inside walls, ceilings, insulation, floors and more. Not only does this make for an unpleasant sight (with patches of ugly black/green mold spreading across surfaces), but it can become a major health hazard.
Inhaling mold spores has been linked to various respiratory problems such as coughing and wheezing, asthma attacks as well as allergies and skin irritations. In rare cases, exposure over long periods of time can even lead to certain lung diseases like pulmonary fibrosis! That’s why when dealing with mold infestations in your home you should never attempt DIY solutions, instead call Trident Restoration for help.
If you have found evidence of mold growth in your home or business, it’s important to take swift action in order to prevent it from spreading any further. One of the best ways to do this is by calling a professional remediation team like Trident Restoration as soon as possible. However, there are certain steps you should take prior to their arrival that can help make the process much smoother and quicker.
The Mold Remediation Process
The first thing you should do is clear the area around any surface-level mold colonies so that your restoration team can access them easily & safely. This means moving furniture or any other items away from walls and ceilings, where the majority of mold colonies tend to exist, and ensuring the entire area is free of clutter.
You should also make sure that all windows and doors are open in order to increase air circulation, as well as clean nearby air vents and fans if possible. Doing this will not only reduce the number of airborne spores inside your property but will also help speed up the drying/dehumidifying process (an essential part of getting rid of mold).
Finally, remove all pets from the premises before Trident Restoration’s technicians arrive, this will not only keep them safe from any potentially hazardous materials used during the cleanup process but it’ll also allow the technicians to work swiftly without having access blocked!
By taking these simple steps before your remediation team arrives, you can drastically improve their efficiency & speed when it comes to solving your mold problem, thus helping ensure that everything is taken care of quickly & correctly once they’re finished!
Trident Restoration are experts when it comes to getting rid of mold safely and effectively. Their team has seen practically every type of situation imaginable when it comes to dealing with water damage-induced mold growth so no matter what kind of issue you may have on hand, you can count on them for reliable solutions. Trident Restore will assess the extent of the damage using infrared imaging technology before moving forward with any treatments or procedures, making sure that any underlying issues that may have caused the presence of the mold are taken care of first!
Once their technicians have identified all potential causes and sources, they’ll get started on removing any visible surface-level colonies before taking further measures depending on the severity (e.g., removal/replacement of wet/damaged materials). Lastly, Trident Restoration will then keep monitoring air quality until all traces of harmful airborne particles are completely gone!
So if you find yourself in a situation where there is evidence or suspicion of mold growth in your home or business premises don’t wait another moment, call Trident Restoration today for help eradicating those pesky colonies from your property!
- Mold spores are microscopic fungi particles that exist almost everywhere and when in contact with moisture (due to humidity or flooding) can multiply rapidly leading to a large increase in the size of mold colonies.
- Inhaling mold spores has been linked to various respiratory problems, asthma attacks, allergies and skin irritations as well as rare cases of lung diseases like pulmonary fibrosis.
- If you have found evidence of mold growth it is important to take swift action by calling a professional remediation team such as Trident Restoration for help.
- Prior to their arrival make sure the area around any surface-level colonies is clear from furniture/items; windows & doors open; air vents & fans clean; all pets removed from premises.
- The technicians will assess the extent of damage using infrared imaging technology before moving forward with treatments/procedures making sure underlying issues causing the presence of mold are taken care of first! They’ll then remove visible surface-level colonies before taking further measures depending on severity followed by monitoring air quality until all traces of harmful airborne particles are gone!